If you are at the trail and this trail needs the latitude and longitude please click the link below and add it to the Add/Edit Trail Form to give us the information.
When it was open, the California Aqueduct Bikeway was the longest of the paved paths in the Los Angeles area, at 107 miles (172 km) long from Quail Lake near Gorman through the desert to Silverwood Lake in the San Bernardino Mountains. This path was closed in 1988 due to bicyclist safety and liability issues. It is expected to remain closed indefinitely due to the continued liability issues and an increased focus on security, especially after the September 11, 2001 attacks.
- Phase I, Canal
- Las Perillas Pumping Plant , Kings County
- Badger Hill Pumping Plant , Kings County
- Phase II, Pipeline and Tunnel
- Devil’s Den Pumping Plant , Kern County
- Bluestone Pumping Plant , Kern County
- Polonio Pass Pumping Plant , San Luis Obispo County
- Trail Measurement: 107 Miles
- Compass Latitude: 37°46'09.4"N
- Compass Longitude: 121°36'05.8"W
- Numeric Latitude: 37.7692793
- Numeric Longitude: -121.6016218
- Elevation in Meters:
- Elevation in Feet:
If you have information about this trail please fill out the Add/Edit Trail form.
References and More Info