If you are at the trail and this trail needs the latitude and longitude please click the link below and add it to the Add/Edit Trail Form to give us the information.
West Ridge Trail
- Location: Prairie Creek Redwoods State Park
- Trailhead: Marked trailhead is at the Prairie Creek Visitor Center. Trail can also be accessed via Zig Zag Trail #1 and #2, Cathedral Trees Trail, and the Butler Creek Trail.
- Mileage: 7
- Difficulty Level: Moderate, some steep grades and switchbacks.
- Description: Travel nearly the entire length of the Newton B. Drury Scenic Parkway along this moderately strenuous trail through breathtaking old-growth redwoods. Two backpacking routes are possible by taking the Ossagon or Miners Ridge Trails to designated camps. Link with the James Irvine and Friendship Ridge Trails for a 12.5 mile loop.
Camping is nearby.
- Trail Measurement: 6.8 to 7 Miles
- Compass Latitude: 412317N
- Compass Longitude: 1240138W
- Numeric Latitude: 41.3881778
- Numeric Longitude: -124.027294
- Elevation in Meters: 237
- Elevation in Feet: 778
If you have information about this trail please fill out the Add/Edit Trail form.
References and More Info